Saturday, July 16, 2011

Christmas in July Day 16

There hasn't been too much time today for Christmas in July activity - it's been go, go, go all day. Sophia and I volunteered in the Exhibit Hall at the local 4-H Fair (where she picked up blue ribbons for all four of her exhibits!!) and then it was a round of errands for tomorrow's horse show - barn, tack shop, and dry cleaners. Once she was done and showered, we headed off to the local Hallmark Store at the mall for the Ornament Premiere. Oh, my goodness, the ornaments are so beautiful! I picked up Daughter and Good Dog; the other two on my list are not out until October. I browsed through all the Disney offerings, Charlie Brown and other popular television and movie characters. Just beautiful workmanship - even Jack Sparrow is a great likeness.

In between errands, I baked and glazed today's recipe, Chocolate Cherry Truffle Cake.


Mine isn't decorated yet but it will be before I take it to Bible Study on Monday night. We did cut a very thin slice to sample and it is delicious. It says to store in the refrigerator, but I think it will be best brought to room temperature for serving. The recipe gives instructions for decorating it with white chocolate curls but Wilton has a new candy mold that I'm going to pick up tomorrow - it makes all types of filigree type chocolate designs that would look amazing on this cake.

I started watching The Christmas Wife from Netflix, but didn't get very far. I hope to have a chance to finish it off tomorrow, if I'm not too exhausted from the horse show! Looks like it's going to be in the high 80s, so it's going to be a long, hot day!

No comments:

Post a Comment