Thursday, April 25, 2013

Magical Holiday Home - April Rudolph Day

Here's the April plan:

  • It’s Christmas Dishes Month!  Do you have Christmas dishes, serving trays, and other items that are tucked here and there? Do you have trouble finding them when it’s time for a party or dinner? Well, this is Christmas Dishes Month and it’s time to de-clutter and organize the Christmas dishes. Find a storage area. move your dishes there, and inventory what you have. Later you may discover a random piece stuck here or there, when you do, add it to your Christmas Cupboard, so when the holiday season arrives, you’ll have everything at your fingertips!  This is also a good time to organize holiday linens.
  • Christmas Magic: Do you do 24 Days of Christmas activities? Do you give the 12 Days of Christmas gifts? Or perhaps you do a little St Nicholas Day gift. If so, this is the month to plan the “magic”. Make a list, pick out some items, or just get your ideas into the notebook!



I have wanted these Christmas dishes for as long as I can remember.  So far, I have one piece, a votive candle holder!  Perhaps this year, I will add another piece or two to what I hope is one day an amazing collection of Christmas dishes.

I need to come up with a plan for 24 Days of Christmas activities - it's going to be a bit of a challenge since Vic is at work all day and most likely won't want to head out each evening to do something Christmas-y.  I might amend it to 12 Weekends (the last weekend of November and the three weekends in December before Christmas) of Christmas activities - Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays - and see what I can come up with.  I know our church's Christmas program will be on the calendar, as well as a trip to the symphony or theatre, and then there is Busch Gardens' ChristmasTown.  I hope to finally make it up to Colonial Williamsburg at Christmas - we've been a dozen times but never at Christmas - and we went to an amazing Christmas market about six years ago, when we lived here before, that I'd like to find again.  Ah, the ideas are flowing, must grab a calendar page and do some planning.

How's your April Rudolph Day shaping up?

3 comments:

  1. Love Williamsburg at Christmas. :-) What pattern is the china?

    Of course, you always amaze me with your planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dishes are beautiful! I don't have Christmas dishes (except a few cups) but my mom has a whole armoire full of Christmas dishes.

    Colonial Williamsburg at Christmas must be quite a site.

    ReplyDelete