Monday, December 30, 2013

The Week Ahead - December 30

Outside my window...cooler temperatures for the week - low 40s and down to 33 on Friday - brrrrr! I love it.
 
I am thinking...how much I love my new iPad! 

I am thankful...for a lovely, quiet Christmas.  Good food, good fun, lots of lovely pressies for everyone to enjoy, and greetings from family and friends around the world.

From the kitchen...I'm trying out a seafood casserole recipe for New Year's Eve.

I am hearing...nothing.
 
Always one of my favorite things...a family DVD marathon.  We're enjoying The Big Bang Theory that Sophia got for Christmas.

I am reading...still nothing, no time, haven't even really given my Christmas magazines the attention they deserve.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...nothing, nothing, training a new volunteer on Thursday afternoon, nothing, and then hoping to see Philomena with Judi Dench on Saturday evening if Vic's not too tired after his safety certification exam in the morning (5 hours, ugh!).  Slowly taking down the Christmas decorations, inventorying as I go.

College Update...school holidays until January 13.

Volunteer Update...Tidewater Collection re-opens January 2.  After my training afternoon on Thursday, the January calendar is almost full so it looks like that may be the only day I work in January.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...home sweet home for New Year's Eve.

Christmas pajamas for the number one Big Bang Theory fan

One of the books from Sophia's Wish List - at least she'll be prepared when she gets a place of her own (after the Oregon adventure, I hope that day is still far, far away).  That's 1001 Things Every College Student Needs to Know on the right.

The Christmas City Swap recap post is up if you'd like to see the goodies that were sent from all over the country.  Check it out here.

Resolutions for 2014?  Eat less, spend less, exercise more.  Simplify, simplify, simplify.
Happy New Year!

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment