Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Week Ahead - December 9

Outside my window...38 degrees and wet - I'm not complaining at all since the rest of the northern part of the East Coast is suffering much colder temperatures and snow...I'm not quite ready for snow.
 
I am thinking...that this is surely the craziest holiday week to date...check out a Few Plans below. 

I am thankful...for a cozy home on this glum day.

From the kitchen...Shepherd's Pie.

I am hearing...keyboards clicking while Vic and I work on our laptops at the table and the Grinch on TV as Sophia and MudLynn enjoy a movie.
 
Always one of my favorite things...a holiday gathering.

I am reading...nothing right now, although my friend Ginny sent me home with a huge bag of books when we had lunch on Thursday.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...Post Office, commissary, and picking up the last few party supplies at Michael's while Sophia has her riding lesson tomorrow and then working at a special event at the shop that evening.  Training a new volunteer at the Tidewater Collection on Tuesday followed by packing up some of the shop for a remote event the next day.  After the remote event, it's haircut time and then home to make pumpkin bread for a holiday social the next morning.  After the holiday social, it's off to BJs for the last party food supplies and then home to put egg casseroles into the fridge overnight.  Friday is the big day - My Favorite Things holiday brunch for my Mustang spouses group and Vic's command's holiday party in the evening.  On Saturday morning, it's off to volunteer at the Toys for Tots warehouse and on Sunday, it will be an amazing feat if I can even manage to get out of bed!

College Update...Finals week for Sophia.  With Vic's news last week that Washington might be off the table, she's now looking at non-Washington college options.  I'm holding out for Sweet Briar but the strong contender is the Fashion Merchandising/French double major at the University of Rhode Island which includes an internship in France.  I have to admit, that's pretty exciting.

Volunteer Update...Busy at the Tidewater Collection, busy with CORE, busy with TOSA...still no word from Vic's command so I'm thinking (hoping) they've found someone else to be their Ombudsman.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...nothing really on the calendar other than a trip to the outlets in Williamsburg planned for the weekend after next.

That pesky elf has been up to all sorts of no good!

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your Favorite Things Party again this year. And I love that photo!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete