Tuesday, January 28, 2014

If this is Tuesday it must be England #5


I shot this photograph in Chester, England during our time there in July 2003.  The city walls of Chester form an almost complete circuit of the city and as we walked along them, I snapped this photo of the canal boats on the River Dee.  It seemed to me to be a great way to spend a holiday and as I did a little more research, I came up with these two great sites to help you plan a trip.

For the on your own, do it yourself enthusiast, there is Drifters.  I loved this question in their First Canal Holiday FAQs - "Do I Need to Know Anything about Boats?  Check out the response and all the other First Canal Holiday advice here.

And then there is the fully-serviced hotelboat holiday from Flagships Holiday Cruises.  If you don't fancy navigating the canals on your own, let someone else do the steering!

No comments:

Post a Comment