Monday, January 20, 2014

The Week Ahead - January 20

Outside my window...37 right now, cool and crisp, with a high predicted of 60 degrees.  Tomorrow - snow?
 
I am thinking...that perhaps today will be the day to start my Blog Every Day for a Year quest. 

I am thankful...for warmth!  After freezing at the barn during two riding clinics this weekend, I am thankful for warmth in any form - car heater, house heating system, fleece pajama pants.

From the kitchen...meat loaf but substituting mozzarella for Parmesan.

I am hearing...nothing, absolutely nothing.
 
Always one of my favorite things...shopping for Sophia's birthday - lots of goodies stashed around the house right now.  Hard to believe my baby will be 20 years old in 12 days.

I am reading...nothing although I did download a bunch of old favorites to my iPad as an early birthday present to me.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...it's a holiday today (Martin Luther King's birthday) so there's nothing going on today.  TOSA Board meeting tomorrow, school for Sophia on Wednesday, riding lesson on Thursday and that's about it.  Rescheduled or opted out of a lot of things on the calendar last week so I've got some re-scheduling to do.

College Update...first week of Sophia's second semester is over.  No change in any of her classes so no more trips to the bookstore.  Math is going well, it's more of a finite math so she's coping well on her own so far, English is good, Public Speaking also.  The Saturday computer class will be held weekly - not sure how it can be described as a hybrid course other than the bulk of the work is done at home in preparation for the next class session.  Sophia is happy with all of her teachers and I think it's going to be a great semester.  On the university front, her application to Western Washington is complete, just waiting for that letter in the mail.

Volunteer Update...looking for people to take over my Secretary/Volunteer Coordinator and Newsletter Editor/Webmaster positions.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...Vic's gone for a few weeks so we're having lots of chips and gravy and British telly nights.

She's never happier than when she is on the back of a horse...well, maybe shopping at Michael Kors comes a close second!
 
Very sad to hear of the death of  Roger Lloyd-Pack last week.  He's best-known for playing Trigger on "Only Fools and Horses" but he'll never be forgotten in this household as Owen in the Vicar of Dibley.

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment