Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March Minimalism Game - Day Five

I've decided to get a little more organized with this de-cluttering scheme.  I seem to be randomly finding things to de-clutter and I think I'd be better going from room to room.  That being said, I'm starting with the living room.  You'd think I'd be able to find five things to part with from this cupboard but it was very hard.


Although the majority of those bits and pieces have a special memory attached to them, I did manage to find five things that can go. 


A crystal clock that has never worked, a paperweight from the 2009 Khaki Ball, and three sets of commemorative coins.  The coins were a gift from my Dad but they really don't have any sentimental value other than the memory of the good laugh we all got when we reminisced about the damage Dad could do from his recliner with the remote control and a credit card.  He was a little addicted to shopping those "As  Seen on TV" bargains!

2 comments:

  1. Great job; sometimes the little things are the hardest to go through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with Jodie about the little trinkets being the hardest to be firm about. You could always take a little picture of the coins along with one of your Dad as a reminder. You could also try eBay - lots of interest in commemorative stuff.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete