Monday, March 17, 2014

The Week Ahead - March 17

Outside my window...shorts and T-shirts on Saturday, colder yesterday and now we're back under a Winter Weather Advisory.  Always flexible doesn't just apply to Navy life, it now works for the weather too.
 
I am thinking...that I am going into panic mode soon - looks like the move to Washington is back on for May - yikes, that's getting too close for comfort - orders, where are you? 

I am thankful...that Vic arrived home from Ohio safely and enjoyed his course.  I'm thankful also that a kind reservation agent rebooked his flight so he didn't have to arrive home so late and that he bumped him to first class.  Thankful, but jealous.

From the kitchen...trying to stick to the menu plan but it's Day One and I've already failed.  I so need a personal chef.

I am hearing...the heater...it's cranked up to 74 and it's still cold in this house.
 
One of my favorite things...the prospect of a new duty station.

I am reading...nothing and that's how it's probably going to be for a while.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...board meeting this morning followed by a farewell lunch for a couple of our volunteers, quiet day tomorrow but most likely a dinner guest in the evening, hair cut on Wednesday morning, packing up the shop in the afternoon, and a night out with Vic's co-workers in the evening, Joint Services Luncheon (with guest speaker Tanya Biank, author of Army Wives) on Thursday (the aforementioned packing is for taking the shop on the road so it will be a working luncheon), free day on Friday, and the riding clinics on Saturday and Sunday for Sophia.

College Update...back to school after spring break.  Sophia got the first hit on her roommate profile for Western Washington so she's been messaging back and forth with a new friend.

Volunteer Update...need to narrow down my replacement and start training with her.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...several short trips for Vic coming up followed by a longer, international one...all tentative now that the moving plans seem to be back in the works.

I'm really late getting this post up and have no photos to speak of - it's all been about Minimalism lately.  Hope your St. Paddy's was fun and that you were wearing a bit o' the green so you didn't get pinched!

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Vic is home...for however long that ends up being. I'm so glad we started our game now; maybe that will help with the household weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I'm back in the land of the living thought I'd pop in and see how you're progressing with the minimalist game.
    Sounds like you had a busy week and have another coming up - there's not much on my calendar for this week 'cept for some grocery shopping and a trip to the Dr's for a flu jab on Friday. Nice and quiet, no demands - that's the way I like it!
    Lucky Vic - getting a seat at the pointy end!
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"? Vic's first class bonus reminded me of Penelope Wilton's character talking about going "to the left" on her return flight to England.

      Delete