Monday, May 5, 2014

The Week Ahead - May 5

Outside my window...more of last week's mid-60s to mid-70s range with some rain.
 
I am STILL thinking...still no orders.

I am thankful...for air conditioning - it's getting to be that time of year.

From the kitchen...more fish.  I told you last week it was a big bag.

I am hearing...nothing.
 
One of my favorite things...having Vic home again...only a few more days.

I am STILL reading...Navy Wife by Debbie Macomber...quick and easy.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...spending most of the week at the Tidewater Collection - new computer system training for board members on Monday, working there on Tuesday, board meeting there on Wednesday, CORE Little Black Dress debriefing on Thursday and then a blissfully free couple of days culminating in Mother's Day.  I doubt our Washington DC trip is going to happen; I'm exhausted after the last couple of days and I think Vic will be as well.  I'll be sorry to miss the EU Open House but who knows, we may be stationed back in this area another time and be able to make the trip.

College Update...no change - still waiting for housing deposit due date - sometime after May 1 - and FIGs (First-Year Interest Groups) application date - May 19. 

Volunteer Update...one turnover needs to be rescheduled as the candidate had to go out of town so our meeting was cancelled, will discuss the status of the second position at the board meeting on May 7th.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...working on the route from coast to coast.  It's best to be prepared because I think there's not going to be very much time from the day we receive the orders to the day we need to be in Washington.  Any idea how tough it was to find seven pet-friendly hotels from coast to coast that were not on the Bed Bug Registry? (When you're married to someone who has pest management in his repertoire, it's one of those things you have to consider!)

The CORE Planning Committee (I'm on the far right) at the conclusion of the Little Black Dress event - so much fun!

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment