Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Life Last Week 2015-3


I could barely drag myself out of bed on Monday but needs must.  It was laundry catch-up day, tidy the house day, and get some groceries day.  Being away for the weekend took its toll.  I picked up refreshments for the Craft Club meeting the following day, got the tables set up, and went to bed at a decent hour so I could be up early the next morning.

What a wasted effort that was!  Although there were three people signed up to join me on Tuesday, no-one showed.  Since it's a "come when you can, leave when you have to" event starting at 9:00am and ending at 1:00pm, I sat around for a couple of hours thinking that perhaps someone was running late (really, really late), but when two hours went by, I figured the event was a wash so I grabbed the leash and took MudLynn for a walk.

Wednesday was a lazy day.  January really is the month for hibernating and I did just that.  Slept late, puttered around the house, watched some TV, that was pretty much it.

Thursday, however, was a hive of activity.  One of my friends has organized a Ladies of Leisure group for those of us who don't work and don't have small children so we're free to take off for the day - we're the Ladies Who Lunch, Explore, Shop, and just have a good time.  Interesting to note that our acronym LOL also stands for something we did a lot of on Thursday - laugh out loud.  We started off at Home Goods, a home decor store that has enough cool stuff to give you a different theme in each room of your house every week of the year (if you had the budget!).  Amazing kitchenware, tableware, knick-knacks, pillows, mirrors, pictures, you name it and it's there.  In keeping with the Word of the Year (thrift), I made a modest purchase of two boxes of macarons - we'll see if Sophia likes them.  Then we were off to Hobby Lobby - more home decor but mostly of the craft type - floral accessories, things to make to hang on the wall or sit on a shelf, as well as a huge variety of yarn, thread, fabric, paint, scrapbook paper, and cake decorating supplies.  Next stop, lunch at a Mexican restaurant which was delicious.

Having eaten close to our combined body weight in chips and salsa (so NOT Whole 30), we headed to the mall to walk off some of what we had consumed.  I was pleasantly surprised by the mall as I found quite a few shops that I like that are not in my area - I was thrilled to find my favorite tea shop, Teavana, especially since I had only a few days worth of tea left at home, as well as The Body Shop, Yankee Candle, and Sephora.  Sophia will be pleased to find H&M, Forever 21, and Nordstrom.  I wandered into Hallmark where I found that all of the remaining 2014 Christmas ornaments were 75% off so I picked up a couple (probably #621 and #622) to add to my collection as well as one for a gift for a friend.  I'll definitely be visiting again, and with chips and salsa walked off, we headed home.  It was a great day.

Friday, I finally attacked the office to organize all of the Christmas totes that were stacked in the middle of the room.  They are now neatly organized against one wall, and tall shelf units on the adjacent wall have everything else neatly put away.  It took me most of Saturday and Sunday to recover from that endeavor.  Oh, my aching back!

I finished off the week with a call from my sailor on the high seas which is always lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment