Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fab-ruary Day Twelve: I Was Brave

Yes, that's it, one of those tiny specks on the inset map

I was brave when I put my household goods into storage and packed the rest of my life into four suitcases and jetted off to Guam (from California = 5803 miles) where I knew one person vaguely (my future employer who had interviewed me in San Francisco).

Long story short - quit my job, went back to school, got a phone call from my former boss to say he was working on Saipan (where?), mentioned casually that if he ever needed anyone (he was a great boss and I'd work for him again) to let me know, received a phone call a few days later from his boss asking if I would be interested in interviewing for the job of Office Manager for Guam Cable TV, flew to San Francisco for the interview, and about three weeks later, I was on my way to Guam!

I stayed in Guam about a month and then they transferred me to Saipan for a month.  Back to Guam for two months and then back to Saipan permanently.  The rest is history (Vic...wedding bells...Sophia...and four years later, back to the States as a Navy wife).

3 comments:

  1. That was brave! My best friend lived in Guam as a young teenager (her dad was in Navy), and absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very brave. I think some things are meant to be though, you were meant to be there to meet your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Sometimes you have to be brave to be fulfilled; if you hadn't gone, where would you be now?

    ReplyDelete