Tuesday, April 21, 2015

R is for Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area

OK, it's a little bit of a stretch but bear with me, it was meant to be.  I'm a little addicted to the Great British Bake Off  and since the series is over, I have been watching it on You Tube.  There is the pesky interference of advertisements during the program, but I can usually skip them.  Today, however, I wasn't really paying attention until I heard the words "the Columbia River Gorge", and what came next was pure poetry:
The Indians revered it,
Lewis and Clark explored it,
Pioneers braved it,
And Congress made it the largest National Scenic Area in the country.
I knew I had to learn more.

The Columbia River runs along the border of Washington and Oregon and the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area consists of 292,000 acres of cliffs, mountainous forestland, hilly deciduous woods, and grassy plains. The entire area is home to hiking, camping, fishing, rock climbing, water sports, wildlife viewing, and other activities.  It is an area of unparalleled beauty and adventure.

Photo courtesy of Share the Experience

1 comment:

  1. Great picture, we love Great British Bake off too. Dropping in from the A to Z I have given your blog a shout out from my letter R today https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete