Monday, July 20, 2015

Life Last Week 2015-28

Bests

1. I gathered up some goodies for a Christmas in July swap on the PlannerLovers group I joined and sent them off in the mail. Looking forward to getting four envelopes of surprises in the mail.
Four sheets of assorted planner stickers, a roll of washi tape, and a Starbucks gift card with a note that read "Enjoy a beverage and a treat while you are planning"
2. A great girl's day out with my friend Jessica on Thursday. She's heading off to the East Coast for two weeks and when she gets back, I'll be working during the day so we spent a lovely day having lunch, pedicures, and taking a trip to the mall for some retail therapy.

3. A Ladies of Leisure trip to the Sequim Lavender Festival with a visit to a fabulous cupcakery, lots of great shopping at the Street Fair, and some beautiful photo opportunities.
Lemon Lavender Cupcake
We didn't actually pick any lavender at all!
We did take lots of photos of lavender though.
My purchases - Maple Pecan Scone Mix, Muffaleta-style Tapenade, Garlic Mustard
Earrings and Necklance
The diamond-shape with the lavender design is something to use as a Christmas Ornament
4. A busy day on Saturday - working at the Wreaths Across America booth in the morning, a fun baby shower in the afternoon, and Sophia waiting for me when I got home. We went to see Minions at the movies which was pretty cute.

5. Coffee with a friend on Sunday to talk all things planners - she gave me some great tips and some Etsy shops for custom stickers. I'm hooked on planning.

Worsts

1. 99 degree heat on Sunday - it was 84 degrees in the house when I tried to sleep. Enough already!

2. A red nightgown ended up turning my new white shirt an annoying shade of pale pink - serves me right for washing them together (with a few other things). I didn't think colors would run if I used cold water...think again, Pamela!

3. A very disappointing Amazon Prime Day - did anyone find a bargain too good to resist?

3 comments:

  1. This was fun to read, Pamela! One thing I have found is that washing in cold water alone won't always keep colors from running. Adding a half cup or so of white vinegar usually will prevent it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love your package you sent!! Starbucks card and washi tape are the best.
    The muffaletta tapenade and maple pecan scone mix made my mouth water. I would have bought the same stuff.
    Looks like you had a fun busy week. I ruined a dress and a silk cover sheath I was wearing over it last week with grease spots. It ruined both articles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lavendar festival you've been to! Amazon prime was very deceiving.

    ReplyDelete