Tuesday, October 6, 2015

If this is Tuesday, it must be England #24

The Olive Branch Guest House, Broadway, The Cotswolds

The Cotswolds is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), mainly lying within Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire, but also extending into four other counties. I haven't been to the Cotswolds in many years, but my visit there left such an impression on me that I will never forget it...and I long to go back! Just imagine leisurely strolling through picturesque villages with charming stone cottages, quaint little shops, and tea rooms. It is England at its finest. It is also, unfortunately, an affluent area, and therefore expensive to visit, but it is worth the splurge.

Long ago, when I was yet again planning a trip to England, I came across this charming guest house in Broadway and bookmarked it as a place to stay on my trip through the Cotswolds. Won't you join me?

1 comment: