Monday, November 30, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Days Twenty-Seven through Thirty - Love - Mentor - Light - Happiness


Here we are...the end of the month already. I'm going to skip ahead to Day Twenty-Eight and talk a little bit about mentoring. I'm thankful that I have had some amazing women in my life to guide me on this journey we call Navy Life. I'm thankful for the friends I have made along the way and I'm especially thankful for the wise women who have mentored me in various ways. From the command leadership spouses who stood by my side while I was an Ombudsman, encouraging me to give my best to the families of the sailors, to the Godly women of the various military chapels we attended who prayed for me and my family. I've tried to pay it forward by helping new spouses who are new to this lifestyle - I know we have it a lot easier than the military spouses who endured the World War I, World War II, Korea, and Vietnam eras and even with all of the modern forms of communication, the women who are separated from their soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines while they serve in the Middle East deserve a special mention for their faith and courage.

I'm indebted to all who serve as mentors, from the COMPASS volunteers who teach new Navy spouses how to navigate through this life, to the Military Wives Encouragement Groups through churches across the nation, to the Family Readiness Group volunteers who seek to unite spouses and provide a social outlet during deployments, and to the various other mentoring programs that are available in the Army, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard. We stand together, always.

And for my grand finale, I'm going to combine the remaining days in this way...the Light of my life, the Loves of my life, the reason for my Happiness...my husband Vic and my daughter Sophia. I love you dearly and am so thankful for both of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment