Monday, January 11, 2016

Life Last Week 2016-2


Back to work on Monday - wow, that 4:00am alarm bell was tough to hear. The only good news about work last week was that it was busy and that meant it was Friday before we knew it. Vic was on leave all week and worked his way through the honey-do list as well as accomplishing a lot of woodworking. He is welcomed at Home Depot and Lowe's with open arms! Sophia went back to school and is enjoying her new classes. MudLynn is still doing her thing...eating, sleeping, etc.

The Whole 30 is going well and I have been faithfully drinking my 64 ounces of water per day. Is this the year that I finally get the weight dragon under control? I certainly hope so.

A board meeting for the Navy Wives Clubs of America and our monthly meeting were the only business items on the agenda for last week. On the fun side, Vic and I went for pedicures; it was so hard to get out of the pedicure chair.

Countdown to Vic's departure begins - this is number seven for us and it never gets any easier. I'm thankful that work will keep me busy and that Sophia and MudLynn are close enough so that I can pop up for a visit from time to time. I'm working on a neat project to make tags with special dates (dates as in date nights, not dates as in numbers on the calendar) on them so he'll have some interesting outings to look forward to when he returns. They will look something like this with the details of the outing instead of the Christmas decoration:


Number one will be a trip to the Boeing Museums in our area - one of the places that we just have not gotten around to visiting yet.

That's my week - prayers or good thoughts or fingers crossed or send good karma or whatever works for you would be much appreciated right now. Saying Au Revoir is so tough.

1 comment:

  1. Doing all of the above for you. Hope it goes by quickly and uneventfully for all.

    ReplyDelete