Monday, March 7, 2016

Life Last Week #2016-10


I had to go back in my planner to see what I did last week - it just went by in a blur! Work, work, work, work, and work took up the daytime hours and they whizzed by in a blur as well. I LOVE to be busy. There was a Navy Wives board meeting and there was supposed to be a Book Club meeting but I passed on that one. There weren't too many RSVPs so the organizer opened it up to those who said they couldn't make it because they didn't have babysitters. Since I had been sniffling and had a sore throat, I figured the moms would prefer it if I kept my germs at home.

Sophia called and said she was coming home for the weekend - she wanted some "Mom time", how I loved to hear that! I wasn't thrilled that she was hitting the road after she got off work at 8:00pm but she texted before she left and then when she got to the ferry so all was well. She's a careful driver, it's the others on the road I worry about. We had a lovely, lazy weekend with some oldie but goodie movies (Please Don't Eat the Daisies with Doris Day and David Niven among them), home-cooked meals, a little shopping, and a trip to the cupcake spot (I abstained, still faithful to the Whole 30). We stopped off at the boutique downtown that is owned by the fashion instructor at the community college - I stopped by last week to ask a few questions and she said she would love to meet Sophia so it was a chance for them to chat about the next quarter's classes. Sophia is really looking forward to the fashion line-up.

I squeezed in a haircut and then it was Sunday night before we knew it. I got up early this morning to head to work and Sophia left a little after me to take the ferry back to Bellingham. She left MudLynn with me since she'll be back on Tuesday to attend the community college orientation and take the placement test.

Vic is still floating around and looking forward to his next port visit. All of his care packages have arrived intact and I'm working on the next one.

Downton Abbey came to an end last night - the end of an era. I didn't wait for last night's episode as I bought Season 6 a few weeks ago and binge-watched the entire thing until 1:00am one Friday night - I think I may have mentioned that to you. It's hard to imagine that we won't be counting the days until the next season. Not to worry, Mr. Selfridge will be back soon as well as the next season of Call The Midwife, Home Fires and Indian Summers. As long as there is PBS, we will have British telly!

I would be remiss not to include a tribute to Nancy Reagan who died yesterday aged 94. She is finally reunited with her Ronnie.
July 6, 1921 - March 6, 2016
Reagan Red - the fire engine shade for which she will be remembered

No comments:

Post a Comment