Monday, March 21, 2016

Life Last Week #2016-12


Another busy week, another week closer to Vic coming home. Sophia decided not to come with us to Virginia - can't say that's news I wanted to hear but bottom line, I wanted her to come with us, Vic wanted her to come with us, but it's not about us. She's an adult, she's thought the whole plan through, and we just have to respect her wishes.  It's the only way I can wrap my head around moving across the country away from her.

Monday started with Excel III training, a good class, a good instructor, and I learned some new tricks. The rest of the week at work was busy and busy means it goes by quickly. I mailed off Vic's package, the best one yet as far as decoration, and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to take a picture! Had to e-mail him and ask him to take one when he gets it. Tax refund came in, another year with no IRS concerns (I hope!). St. Patrick's Day was uneventful, I ate cabbage but no corned beef or green beer. I wrapped up the week with a manicure on Friday evening before I headed to an essential oils workshop which was very interesting. Anyone here use essential oils? Seems to be an up and coming wellness practice that is even being used in the health care arena.


Up early on Saturday morning to head three hours south for the Navy Wives Clubs of America Northwest Area Council meeting. We gather twice a year to reconnect, conduct any business, and talk about what's working and what's not working in our respective clubs. It was a tea party which was lovely - totally not Whole 30 so I limited myself to three tiny sandwiches and a scone without any cream. Three cups of tea - delicious! Lots of chatting about Downton Abbey was fun.


Three hours' drive home meant that it was almost 8:00pm before I stepped in the house and I ended up staying up until midnight working on the computer and watching Grey's Anatomy.

Just a couple of errands this afternoon and the usual chores - laundry, dishwasher, etc. I didn't feel much like cooking so lunches and dinners are going to be creative next week.

Vic's had a busy week in South Korea. His highlights included kimchee, a visit to one of Asia's premium shopping complexes, and the grand finale, a tour of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). He's back on the high seas.


Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. So what were your thoughts on the oils? I still haven't learned much about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about the oils, too. I know a lot of people who swear by them.
    I bet that would be awesome to visit South Korea (or any of those places on that side of the world!)

    ReplyDelete