Thursday, February 9, 2017

Travelling on Thursday - Vic's Birthday Edition - Entertainment


Uniquely American Entertainment - that's the brochure's banner.  The American Queen offers everything from musical revues and cabaret in the Grand Saloon modeled after Ford's Theatre to a piano sing-along in the Main Deck Lounge.  The reviews on Cruise Critic gush on the subject of entertainment.  I think they had me at "some voyages feature the Glenn Miller Orchestra" - I love the music of that era.

The Riverlorians play a huge part in the steamboat experience.  Insights on the culture, people, and history of the destinations from an expert?  What more could you ask for in terms of an educational experience?  

The consensus may be that a steamboat cruise is for an older, more sedate crowd although the entertainment sounds like it will keep your toes tapping, whatever your age. 

3 comments:

  1. The cruise sounds like a heap of fun and I'm sure I would love it immensely, (after I get over the initial sea-sickness of course!)I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby & I would love to do something like this one day!! The hard part would be deciding which river to explore!

    ReplyDelete