Saturday, April 8, 2017

G is for Robin Jones Gunn


As you have probably surmised from reading just a few of my blog posts, I will make a beeline for anything containing the word England (or any variation of the word).  When a friend introduced me to Robin Jones Gunn's Sisterchicks series, I was thrilled to see that one of the books in the series takes place in England.  I did read the series in order (I don't think it really matters, but since they were listed as #1, #2, etc., I read them in that order).  I had to wait all the way until #7 before I was back in jolly olde England.


By the way, Sisterchicks are described as women of a certain age who take off on adventures full of laugh-out-loud moments as well as their tender insights into the One who made this great big beautiful world.

So imagine my excitement when I found my love of England combined with my love of Christmas in two books that have now been joined by a third to make up the Father Christmas series.  Delightful novellas.


You can check out all of Robin's books here.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about the books on your A-Z. Look forward to the rest of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Father Christmas series sound like books that I would enjoy reading. I'll need to add them to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete