Friday, June 30, 2017

Christmas in July is Coming - Pure Flix


Several weeks ago, I was inspired by the folks at Pure Flix to share my ideal movie night at home.  When I looked at the lineup of movies and shows they offered and saw so many Christmas movies, I asked if I could hold off until today to make this post part of my Christmas in July is Coming celebration. They were happy to accommodate my request and even designed this lovely graphic to kick off my celebration.


Christmas in July is a month-long celebration of all things Christmas without all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.  It's a time to try new recipes, new crafts, get a head start on crafts we know we want to make, update our Christmas planners, and start addressing our Christmas cards, all while listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies.  My friends over at the Magical Holiday Home Forums post daily on the forums or on their blogs, sharing Pinterest finds and other Christmas ideas and plans.

Many of my fellow Christmas-lovers have children and grandchildren who will be with them now and over the holiday season and what better source of entertainment than Pure Flix, the online Christian video-streaming service.

Pure Flix has a great selection of family-friendly movies of all genres.  Their Christmas offerings are excellent and can be enjoyed by all the family without having to worry about screening for innuendo or other inappropriate content.  Even Christmas movies these days have their fair share of that.  They have thousands of titles, not just movies but animated titles for kids, documentaries, how-to's, hobbies, educational, health and fitness, sports, outdoors, and travel in addition to many inspirational and devotional titles.  I've borrowed heavily from their website for this paragraph because I just can't say it any better myself.

Pure Flix is offering a month's free trial to try their Christian movies streaming services.  I hope you'll join me in bringing some wholesome entertainment for the entire family into your home this Christmas in July.  I'll be starting with Christmas Lodge, one of my favorite Christmas movies.

**At the time the graphic was designed, the movies The Christmas Card and All I Want for Christmas were available but they have recently rotated out of the offerings to make room for summer titles.  Both titles are still supported by Pure Flix and I'm sure you'll see them pop up again closer to the holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it puzzling that the major movie studios always make a ton of money on great, clean, uplifting movies - but never seem to let it deter them from making a score of stupid and raunchy ones. On the rare times that we actually go to a theater to see a movie, I can hardly tolerate the previews and actually try to time it to get there when the previews are over. Who watches that junk anyway? PureFlix sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete