Monday, June 12, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 6/12/2017



It's time for another Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  Click here if you'd like to join in .

The weather:::

80s all week, rising to 93 on Tuesday but dipping to 79 on Sunday.  Nightmarishly (is that a word?) hot, in my opinion.


On my reading pile:::
Finished An English Country Manor which was delightful so I'm looking for the other two volumes in the series.  Picked up
 Dear Bob and Sue again and will reading about their adventures in the Shenandoah National Park which is close to us so I'll be looking out for some tips for a visit soon.

On my TV:::
Victorian Slum House, still need to watch the last episode
Turn, almost finished Season 2 so we can move on to Season 3
The Great British Bake Off and Granchester return this coming weekend along with the new PBS series, My Mother and Other Strangers

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Grilled Shrimp, Steamed Broccoli
Tuesday - Snack Night
Wednesday - Salmon, Orzo or Artichoke Salad
Thursday - Greek Pasta Salad with Chicken
Friday - Steak, Baked Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms

On my to-do list:::

  • Bra-fitting later today - fun, fun, fun
  • Haircut
  • Final shopping for the reunion  - have to pick up nine of my "something from my area" gift
  • Volunteer shift at the gift shop
  • Packing for the reunion

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Photo albums for the reunion arrived and are lovely.  All-day crop on Saturday was wonderful and I got a lot done, just need a few finishing touches and I'll be close to being caught up with Vic's 2016 deployment.

Looking around the house:::

Vacuuming and laundry to do.  Still need to work on that weekly checklist.

From the camera:::
I completely forgot to take a photo of our brunch yesterday - we went to this really arty place, the menu was very limited but I managed to find smoked salmon and creme fraiche on some kind of bread while Vic had a BLT with turkey and spicy Thai mayo.  It was ok but we won't go there again.  It just wasn't anything memorable - I suppose it would be a hip place to go if you're a twenty-something but we're long past that stage!

Something fun to share:::
My Melaleuca package arrived and I've been busy replacing some of our household items and toiletries.  Love my new lip gloss, it's called Brilliance Plump Lip Gloss in Berry Shimmer.  It's the one on the very far right in this stock photo.

What I'm wearing today:::
Black capris, white T-shirt and black sandals.  After watching all five seasons of House of Cards, Claire Underwood's neutral wardrobe really appeals to me.

Bible Verse, Devotional, Quote:::
An excerpt from, a traditional American folk song, it's been in my head since it was featured in this episode of House of Cards.


4 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle at your comment about how hot it is - our high today is to be 90 and it's such a cool down that we opened up the house! Just goes to show you how acclimated we get to our local weather. Sounds like you have a busy week in store. I'm excited for your reunion, I know you're going to have great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our weather is alot like yours! Bra fitting... ugh so not my favorite thing to do! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nightmarishly (yes I believe it's a word, if not, it should be) HOT, in my opinion too!

    YAY I've been waiting for The Great British Bake Off - FINALLY! I want to try My Mother and Other Strangers - sounds interesting.

    Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must truly be opposites in our appreciation of weather because the forecast you described sounds like perfection except maybe too chilly to me ;) Hope you are having a wonderful week so far.

    ReplyDelete