Tuesday, June 13, 2017

If this is Tuesday, it must be England #67


It's that time of year - the British social season is in full swing and all the associated events bring out great photos.  Trooping the Colour, the celebration of the monarch's birthday when the weather is more likely to cooperate, will be held on Saturday, June 17.  Look for pomp and pageantry, glorious uniforms and great fashions from the royal gents and ladies.

Here are a few photos from last year's event.



This is the time of year I would love to be in London.

The annual Garter Service at Windsor is usually held on the Monday after Trooping the Colour, but this year, it is cancelled as due to the recent General Election, the State Opening of Parliament is scheduled for the same day.


"My Three Sons" was the first thing that went through my mind when I saw this photo!

4 comments:

  1. What a great time to be in London, I can only imagine. Love the photos especially that first one. I do wish it was Princess Diana up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. England and Scotland are where I was supposed to be this month. Then with all the unrest, I decided to stay home and garden. Our PBS station ran several programs on Royal palaces and Scottish castles so I am arm-chair traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems that celebratory mood prevailed the skies of London! The pictures are witness of it! Await pictures and stories around them, for 2017's celebration!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Anagha From Team MocktailMommies
    Rewind

    ReplyDelete