Saturday, July 8, 2017

Christmas in July - Day Eight


It's time to wrap up Week One's Christmas Characters with a post on how many of them I use in my decorating and/or have we actually visited any of them.


The knitted Santa and Mrs. Claus Mum made for me - this is a stock photo from Jean Greenhowe but mine look exactly the same.


Santa from our trip to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in New York City in 2009


We got a LOT of snow in Rhode Island in 2009 so I bought this for Vic - raised in the tropics, he's never built a snowman


I told him his finished product looked more like a snow-cousin Itt from the Addams Family but he was just as cute as the three round ball version snowman


Rudolph ornament nestled in the branches of our Christmas tree - I attached one of those alligator clips from the electronics store to the bottom so I can clip him on a branch - they work great for heavier ornaments that tend to drag the tree branches down


I was tickled in 2013 when Sophia moved Edward, our Elf on the Shelf, from where I placed him for her surprise one morning to a complete surprise for me!

I don't have a photo of the Grinch or of a penguin but I know I have ornaments for both.  Maybe this is the year I complete my photo ornament inventory.

Coming up - Week Two (July 9-15) - Wrapping (paper, boxes, tags, bows, unique ideas, how you organize your supplies, and since wrapping is all about the gifts, show us your gift closet and any updates to it during the month)

4 comments:

  1. The surprise for you is the best. And the snowman was built by a perfectionist. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like Vic's snowman better than the three ball version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby's snowman is great! And I love the Santa and Mrs. Claus that your mum knitted for you. She did an amazing job. They are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Great snowman Vic did.

    ReplyDelete