Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Happy Another Blogiversary

Nine years ago today, I started my blog, Chez Nous, with this post:

Friday, July 11, 2008
Six days and 1800 miles later, we're home! Check back for the details of our fabulous trip to Western New York.
Posted by Chez Nous at 3:01 AM 0 comments 

This was our trip to western New York to take Sophia to horse camp at Houghton College.  Houghton was one of the colleges Sophia was considering and resident horse camp gave her an opportunity to check out the college and to see the equestrian facility.  Since it was her first long distance trip away from home, Vic and I checked into the inn on the edge of the campus so we would be close by if she decided that being away from us was not a good idea.  We shouldn't have bothered as after we said our goodbyes, that was that last we heard from her until we picked her up on the final day.  She had a wonderful time and went back the following year.  She didn't end up going to Houghton for college but she has fond memories of her summers there.  While Vic and I were there, we took trips each day and saw a lot of the local area - we visited Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, Letchworth State Park, lots of lovely little towns close by, and even an overnight to Niagara Falls.  It was a fun trip for all of us.

Here are a few photos from that trip:


And we're off to horse camp!


Vic and I at Letchworth State Park - my hair was so long


Old Fort Niagara


Saying goodbye to one of her horses - each camper was responsible for the care of two horses during their stay - this one is Mike 'n Ikes

Sadly, I had to close Chez Nous because of a nuisance follower and I went over to a private blog for a while.  However, I missed my blogging friends so I re-entered the blogsphere with The Lady of the House Speaking (6th Blogiversary just celebrated on June 30th).

4 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I enjoy reading your blog and am glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! What a shame you had to restart your blog due to a weirdo out there. I'm glad you came back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary! So glad to have 'met' you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! I think my 12th (for my regular blog) is coming up in August. I started my Christmas blog 10 years ago.

    So glad you are still blogging despite earlier issues with a nuisance follower. Your blog is very interesting and I enjoy reading although I don't always find time to comment.

    ReplyDelete