Saturday, October 14, 2017

Blogtober 2017 - Day 14

Day 14 - Favorite spot in your home

That's a tough one when you're in a temporary home.  I suppose it would be in the living room.  It's cozy and it's where we spend time together.  I preferred the room the last time we lived here as we've since gotten rid of some of the furniture and replaced the couch with a (in my opinion) hideous leather couch that Vic insisted he wanted.  It really belongs in a man cave but it's in our living room right now.  Here's a photo from the last time we lived here, B.H.L.C. (Before Hideous Leather Couch) and all decorated for Sophia's high school graduation.  It's a long room, living/dining room combined so this is the living room end.

It's my favorite spot because it's usually where I am sitting enjoying a cup of tea when Vic walks in from work or when Sophia was home, where we would chat about her day.  We're homebodies so you'll usually find us in here in the evenings, watching a movie.  It's cozy.  The only thing that would make it more perfect would be a fireplace, even a fake one with a mantle.  We always had a fireplace, usually a fake one, when I was growing up and that just says cozy to me.  And since I've used the word cozy three times (now four) in this short write-up, you'll get an idea of how important that is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment