Monday, October 16, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 10/16/2017


It's time for another Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  Click here if you'd like to join in.  The categories were changed last week but the new ones don't work as well for me so I'm sticking with the old format.

The weather:::

Wet and that means the temperatures are coming down - yay!

On my reading pile:::
Finished up An Untamed Heart by Lauraine Snelling, the prequel to the Red River of the North series.  I really need to go to the library - there are several titles on my GoodReads list and I don't want to buy any more books right now.

On my TV:::
Outlander, Season 3, on STARZ
Sharpe and Bramwell
Doc Martin, Season 8, on Acorn
Poldark on PBS
The Durrells in Corfu on PBS

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Grilled Shrimp, Broccoli, Roasted Potatoes
Tuesday - Something I can cook during the day and leave for Vic as I have an evening commitment - Korma maybe
Wednesday - Chicken
Thursday - Tilapia
Friday - Steak, Baked Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms
Saturday - Vic's cooking - no idea what yet
Sunday - more of Vic's cooking

On my to-do list:::
  • Dentist appointment
  • International event with a new spouses' group
  • Volunteer shift at the gift shop
  • Stamp 'n Scrap Expo this weekend that we might check out

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Stamping supplies and paper arrived so we are ready to begin our cards and if you haven't already guessed, that Disney album still awaits its journaling.

Looking around the house:::
Laundry, sticking to the daily housekeeping plan.

From the camera:::


We had a lovely tea with friends while we were in Newport this weekend - smoked salmon sandwiches at the bottom front, cucumber in the middle, and hiding at the back were chicken tartlets; carrot cake, peach and blueberry tarts, and chocolate cookies in the center; and finally, scones with clotted cream and local jam at the top - it was delicious!

Something fun (or intriguing) to share:::


Two books I found at the Newport Mansions Store.

What I'm wearing today:::
Capris and a long-sleeved T-shirt as it's a little cooler today.

7 comments:

  1. I am with you ! I think I like the old format better! However I absolutely love reading everyone's post though! Your weekend food looked scrumptious! Hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I feel like we just shared a coffee break (although I don't drink coffee so I had an iced tea!) and caught up. I enjoy reading your Monday posts so much. I thought it was going to get cooler here, but we're in the mid 90s for a couple of days this week before the cool down. We're recording Poldark, but haven't watched any yet. My DIL will be here for Thanksgiving and we plan to binge watch it together! Enjoy your week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tea sounds lovely! I used to have tea with friends a lot, but, in recent years there just hasn't been time. I need to make time and do something special. Thanks for the inspiration! Have a blessed week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela, the categories didn't change, per say, I just shift things around once in a while for ME :) You ladies don't have to change anything, you can keep it as is if it's what works for you.

    Those books look really interesting. You always have such nice teas :)

    Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tea selection looks really nice. I always keep the same format for HHM, just works for me. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea selection looks delicious. Interesting book titles, I'd like to see the scarf one. Whenever I try to wear a scarf for fashion instead of over a coat for warmth, it never looks right to me although I love the look on others. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete