Monday, May 21, 2018

Life Last Week 2018-19


The weather:::
 Low 80s all week and cloudy.  Rain off and on, getting quite stormy at times.

On my reading pile:::
Still working my way through A Woman of Substance also by Barbara Taylor Bradford and picked up Book 4 in the Cavendon series.

On my TV:::
Still with NCIS.

Checked off the list:::
  • Spouses' group event for the month was a visit to the shooting gallery.  I went last year and didn't really enjoy it, not my thing at all, but I did meet up with them for lunch which was fun as always.
  • Took the Forester in for its 60,000 mile service $$$gasp$$$.  If you have kids who don't want to go to college after high school, see if they would be interesting in a trade school course in auto maintenance/mechanics.  I would love to have a mechanic in the family.  New tires will be next before we hit the road cross country.  Drove this loaner for the day - it was easy to spot in the parking lot!
  • Volunteered at the gift shop and ran into one of Vic's former Commanding Officers.  He had lovely things to say about Vic; I know what a hard worker he is but it's so nice to hear someone else praise him for his work ethic.
  • Had dinner Thursday from the drive-thru at the Greek Festival.  Must get a Greek cookbook, the food was amazing.
  • Watched the royal wedding and loved every minute of it.
Crafts roundup:::
Loveseat on hold while Vic is traveling again.  Started my ornament for the Christmas in July swap.

And in other news:::
Sophia decided to switch her teaching emphasis back to English, Grades 5-12, and found out from her adviser that she met all the requirements and could go straight into the Master's program.  She had been considering Elementary Education and needed to take six classes before she could start.

Two-thirds of the way through the month and I'm doing pretty well with my monthly goals.  Start small, that's the key.


I love this arrangement at the gift shop - thinking about making something like this as a craft project.  Found the wooden box piece on sale at Michaels, now I need to work on the bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment